The FOCUS local history photo competition has returned for 2018, with cash prizes up for grabs to amateur photographers who want to showcase their works.
To capture history and win, explore the theme of ‘The City at Play’ by photographing moments of play in the recreation spaces of the district being enjoyed by residents, their families, or four-legged friends. Wherever there’s play there’s a potential picture of a relaxed or adventurous moment.
Grab your camera and snap some pics to show the people of tomorrow how we live today!
This year there are two categories:
Present-day category: image taken in the last five years in the City of Armadale.
- 1st place ($300)
- 2nd place ($200)
- 3rd place ($100)
Historical category: image taken before 1990 in the City of Armadale (digital scan, no prints)
- 1st place ($200)
- 2nd place ($100)
- 3rd place ($50)
Who can enter?
- The competition is open to all amateur photographers 18 years and over who are Australian residents.
- City of Armadale staff, Councillors and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. See the full Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Entries open on Thursday 1 March 2018 at 12am AWST and close Saturday 31 March 2018 at 6 pm AWST.
- Winning entries selected by independent judges early April 2018.
- Winners will be contacted on Friday 20 April 2018.
- The winning photographs and other notable entries will be exhibited at Armadale library in May/June 2018 (dates to be announced).
Image size and format - both categories - digital only
- Colour, black & white or sepia photos are all acceptable
- JPEG format
- Min 1MB, maximum 15MB
- At least 1920 x 1080 pixels (rectangular image); 1080 x 1080 pixels (square image)
- Please use no digital enhancement other than cropping, resizing or reasonable adjustments to tone. Composite images are not acceptable.
Entering this competition
VITAL - READ THE HINTS AND TIPS PAGE!
VITAL - READ THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- You can enter as many photographs as you wish. Each photo must be submitted separately via the online entry form available here. A confirmation email will be sent to you for each image.
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- Image file names should follow the format of first name, last name, image title, separated by underscores i.e. amanda_smith_sunrise_roleystone.
- Write a description (up to 50 words) for your photograph, including when and where it was taken.
- All entries must be original photographs by the entrant, not infringing any party’s intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an entry, entrants accept the Terms and Conditions of the competition.
If you have any questions, please call (08) 9394 5641 or email Birtwistle@armadale.wa.gov.au