This creative writing (prose only) competition is open to students in years 3 to 12 who reside or attend school in the City of Armadale. The categories are:
|Years||3 & 4|
|Years||5 & 6|
|Years||7 & 8|
|Years||9 & 10|
|Years||11 & 12|
You could win some fantastic prizes. All finalists receive a trophy, certificate and a copy of the anthology containing all place-getting entries.
The cash prizes for each category are:
An overall winner chosen from all the place-getters receives a bonus book voucher.
See the Information Brochure for the Hints and Tips Checklist to help you write your best story!
This is an online only competition which is open for entries from 1 to 30 June 2022.
|Entries Open||Wednesday 1 June 2022, 12.00am (AWST)|
|Entries Close||Thursday 30 June 2022, 11.59pm (AWST)|
|Finalists notified by||Monday 25 July 2022|
|Finalist's stories on website||Monday 5 September 2022|
Conditions of Entry
- All entrants must either reside or attend school within the City of Armadale, Perth Western Australia.
- Students must be in school years 3 to 12.
- Entries must be prose. No poetry, scripts, graphic novels, or illustrations.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and should not be edited by another person.
- Ideas should be original and not copied from movies, television or books.
- The word limit is 2000 words or less.
- Entries should be typed or written in MS Word (.docx).
- One entry per person only. No joint entries.
- Names should not appear on entry pages (for judging purposes), only on the entry form which must accompany each entry.
- Quality of writing – to be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- The City of Armadale reserves the right not to present an award.
See the full Terms and Conditions.