Proof of Vaccination
In light of the recent changes in government directives, all City of Armadale major events will legally require patrons to show proof of COVID-19 double vaccination upon entry after 4 January 2022, including the Australia Day in Armadale Alcohol Free event.
From Monday 31 January, proof of vaccination for people aged 16 years and over will be required state-wide for:
- All hospitality venues, food and licensed venues including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafés, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns, licensed commercial boats:
- excluding food and non-alcoholic beverage takeaway; food courts; roadhouses, and petrol stations
- Night clubs
- Bottle shops (including drive through bottle shops)
- Indoor entertainment venues (including play centres, gaming and gambling, theatres, concert halls, cinemas, live music venues, including Perth Convention Centre) and the following specified cultural venues:
- Art Gallery of WA
- Goldfields Arts Centre
- Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts
- WA Museum Boola Bardip
- WA Maritime Museum
- Shipwrecks Museum (Fremantle)
- Museum of the Great Southern
- Museum of the Goldfields
- Museum of Geraldton
- Gwoonwardu Mia (Carnarvon)
- Crown Perth Complex
- Major stadiums
- Music festivals and indoor large events with more than 500 people, unless exempt.
- Gyms, fitness studios and centres
- Zoos and amusement parks
- Visitors to residential aged care and hospitals
From 31 January 2022, all City of Armadale owned and operated venues, facilities and events which fall under the categories listed above will require proof of COVID-19 double vaccination to enter unless exempt from government directives.
Showing your proof of vaccination
Patrons aged 16 years and over must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status or a medical exemption, along with identification, for venues, facilities and events that are mandated.
Operational staff will check proof of vaccinations upon entry. Please ensure you have the acceptable forms of proof ready to present.
There are a few ways you can show your proof of vaccination:
- Download and set up the ServiceWA app before your visit. This app allows you to check in and show your proof of vaccination in one easy app! Click here to learn how to set it up.
- If you have not downloaded the ServiceWA app, you will need to show one of the following in conjunction with valid ID:
- COVID-19 digital certificate
- A printed copy of your certificate
- Immunisation history statement
- Medical exemption (printed & digital)
Click here to find out more about acceptable forms of proof.
What if I have an exemption?
According to the current health advice, individuals with certified WA exemption for COVID-19 vaccination are to be treated as vaccinated.
Staff have the right to request proof of exemption prior to permitting entry to a mandated venue, facility or event.
For more information, please visit https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus