Library membership is free and anyone can join.
To become a library member you must produce proof of your current address for example a driver's license, rates notice, pension card or bill. We also ask that you provide an alternative contact address. If you are under the age of 18 years old a parent or guardian's signature is required.
If you are over 18 you can join online and start borrowing ebooks, emagazines, and eaudiobooks immediately. Click here to join online.
Listen to Terms & Conditions below.
The following rules apply to the borrowing of library items:
- your library membership card must be produced when borrowing items
- you may borrow up to 12 items at a time
- items can be loaned for a period of three weeks
- items may be renewed twice, provided there are no requests on the item
- you may renew items online or by telephoning any branch
- items can be borrowed from, and returned to, any of the City's three branches during opening hours
- replacement cards incur a cost of $5.00
Fines are charged at 20c per day per item, to a maximum of $2 per item. Borrowing privileges will be revoked if the total amount owed reaches $10. If you owe more than $10 you must pay the entire amount before borrowing privileges are reinstated.