Trove provides public access to information about the resources collected by the National Library. These resources include books, theses, reports, research articles, maps, photographs, music and websites. Use Trove to search major Australian newspapers from 1803 to 1954.
Hosted by the National Library of Australia, Trove aims to provide a single point of access to the resources of the deep web.
These resources include books, theses, reports, research articles, maps, photographs, music and websites – all gathered together in a user friendly format and with full-text access where possible.
Trove also encourages community participation in the site by the use of tagging or annotating the content you find. You can make comments, create lists, contribute images and even correct the typographical errors in newspaper articles!
What can you do...?
- Search full text articles of major Australian newspapers from 1803 to 1954.
- Sign up to participate in the community forums (it’s free!)
- Search for journal articles, diaries, letters and archives
- Browse maps and photo collections
- Search for people or organisations
- Looking for something you saw on the web years ago? Try the Archived Websites 1996-now)
Trove search results screen
Note the multiple sources of information – NLA, Books, Newspaper articles, Google, Wikipedia, Journals, obituaries, photos etc.